Talk

Advanced search

Advice for easier fasting day meals for DD

(4 Posts)
runningFee Tue 16-Jun-15 21:11:29

DD has just started 5:2 after putting on 2 and 1/2 stone in first year at college. She has done well in first two weeks with mum supervision and companionship ( am doing it too) but next week she does to stay with busy in laws who won't have time to supervise/ encourage. I desperately don't want her to fall off the wagon and need very wash suggestions for meals she can self prepare... She is dyspraxic and has some learning issues. If I can bulk buy some stuff for her to take and write her a when and where to eat she will be more likely to succeed. She has upped her exercise with my support ( won't do it alone) and will be ccling to and from work experience on a horse yard so the work will be physical. Any store cupboard suggestions for lunches she can take to work and suppers she can make herself??

stripytees Wed 17-Jun-15 11:02:07

I like shop bought fresh soups like Covent Garden. I'm vegetarian and most of the veggie soups are about 300 kcal for the entire container. I like to have about 60 grams of cottage cheese for protein on the side.

Stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers are good too, depending on brand they are often around 300 kcal for two. Served with green salad or tomatoes.

My FD breakfast/lunch is always natural yoghurt (100 grams for 80 kcal in the brand I buy) with some blueberries (50 kcal or less).

BigChocFrenzy Wed 17-Jun-15 11:25:25

Hi, so long as DD is at least 18 years old, she should be ok - but fasting is not suitable, without medical advice, if she is younger.

This is from the main thread OP:
FD Recipes: BBC Good Food 52 , Good2Know , NHS 10 Recipes under 100 cals , Mirror 5:2 50 snacks under 50 cals

runningFee Wed 17-Jun-15 21:57:26

She is almost 19 so is fine to do the reduced calorie days. Thanks for the links. Shopping tomorrow for her to take...husband just arrived home with six saquets of naked noodle which she finds tolerable with tuna and greens in a stir fry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now