Talk

Advanced search

Wide awake at 3am

(3 Posts)
verbeier Tue 03-Feb-15 22:16:31

I did 5:2 last year for about three months and got on really well with it. I then fell off the wagon and have restarted. Its all going well, except for the insomnia on fast days. Is there anything I can do about this? At the moment I have a lunch and a dinner of 250 calories each. I would love to have full dinner only but in the late afternoon I have much rushing around, collecting multiple children and found myself feeling bit faint without a lunch. Any tips from all you lovely experienced fasters?

BigChocFrenzy Tue 03-Feb-15 23:22:01

Hi there
smile
Insomnia is usually just until your body gets used to fasting (again, in your case) Most folk thereafter sleep better than ever.

Suggestions wrt food on FDs:
. Lower the GI, to keep insulin level steady and reduce hunger. So:
. Just lean protein or eggs, plus masses of veg - will fill your tum too.
. Cut out starches, fruit juice
. Don't have fruit or yoghurt with supper
. No coffee or coke after 3pm (caffeine)

Also:
. Avoid electronics for at least 1 hour before bed, i.e. no tablet, TV, game console etc during that period.
. Make sure room is dark and quiet

verbeier Wed 04-Feb-15 14:48:09

Thanks BigChoc, some good advice here! I'm completely in the fasting zone so was disappointed with such an annoying side effect. Glad to hear it usually goes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: