Talk

Advanced search

Your honest opinions

(6 Posts)
Hardhaton Wed 21-Jan-15 11:52:25

Hi I've been trying slimming world for roughly on and off for a year. I lose 1lb one week and then nothing for 3 weeks. So I've decided to try the 5:2 diet.
However I've googled and looked everywhere but there isn't really a unbiased opinion of the diet.
So I've come here to get your honest thoughts and feelings on how hard it is, how you feel doing it and what I should expect.

Thank you

Breadandwine Wed 21-Jan-15 12:04:00

Well, I'm a bit biased - I've been IFing for almost three years, now - and I feel fantastic!

Once you get in the swing of things - takes anything from one fast day to a couple of weeks - it's dead easy. And it's cheap - in fact you save money!

As to what you can expect, hop over to the main thread - no. 49 - and have a look at the experiences of scores of successful 5:2ers.

Then join us on there - you won't regret it.

Best of luck!

MelanieCheeks Thu 22-Jan-15 12:46:21

I've been doing it for 2 years, and I love it as a way of life, feel great on it. The first few fasts are tough, but with an open mind and a willingness to experiment you soon find what works best for you.

The main thread is full of supportive people with plenty of advice and help, do join us!

MazzleDazzle Thu 22-Jan-15 20:57:51

Have a read of the inspirational thread here which gives actual success stories. Many of us struggled for years and found that fasting was the answer.

Hardhaton Fri 23-Jan-15 19:38:15

Thank you. I've been shopping today and got some soups and low calorie meals for my fast days. I haven't brought the book yet, is it worth buying?

MelanieCheeks Fri 23-Jan-15 20:13:18

It's not essential, all the tips and information you need are on the opening post on the main thread . See you there!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: