Talk

Advanced search

Free trial for new six-week 5:2 programme by Ways of Eating....sign up here NOW CLOSED

(9 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 08-Jan-15 17:11:22

We've been asked to find folks keen to try the 5:2 diet to test a new 6-week programme designed by Ways of Eating.

In a nutshell, it's called The FastStart Program and it's a 6 week course that introduces you to fasting on two days a week at a gentle pace, with a higher calorie allowance at first to allow your body to adapt.

The team at Ways of Eating say "The program offers the following:

* A dashboard with the program schedule, access to your progress trackers, details of the awards you have gained and more
* Calorie counted meal plans to make your fast day food easy to plan and prepare
* Twice-weekly online chats with course leaders and fellow participants to swap advice and experiences
* Weight-loss tracking to help you see your results
* Information and tips about fasting and weight loss - all you need to know
* A forum to enable you to connect with your fellow participants to encourage each other, share your experiences, and generally chat
* A q&a board where you can get rapid answers to your fasting and weight loss questions"

"In trials so far 83% of participants in trials so far rated the program as ‘excellent’ and normally costs £40 but is free to Mumsnet testers who sign up below and who are picked".

You can volunteer to test it out here

We will be picking 30 participants at random. Mumsnet will pass on the details (including email but not MN name) for those selected. The Ways of Eating team will then be in touch directly with those picked.

MNHQ

TalkinPeace Sun 11-Jan-15 21:20:11

RIP OFF.

Stick with the Mumsnet threads.
We were there before even MM had started cashing in.

Breadandwine Mon 12-Jan-15 01:32:37

My first thought, Tip, on seeing this, was another phrase ending in the word 'OFF!'

Breadandwine Mon 12-Jan-15 01:38:38

"We've been asked…[to advertise this very expensive Way of Eating]"

So, MNHQ, you did.

Now I'm going to ask you, nicely, "Please can you please withdraw this thread?"

Everything - and I mean, everything - that anyone needs to know about the 5:2 WOL can be found in the OP of thread no. 48, or in the expertise and experience of its contributors.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Jan-15 11:32:16

Hi Breadandwine,

Breadandwine

"We've been asked?[to advertise this very expensive Way of Eating]"

So, MNHQ, you did.

Now I'm going to ask you, nicely, "Please can you please withdraw this thread?"

Everything - and I mean, everything - that anyone needs to know about the 5:2 WOL can be found in the OP of thread no. 48, or in the expertise and experience of its contributors.

Yes because we've looked at the results and the programme and feedback from folks who've used them thus far and they're impressive. Of course you don't have to do it this way and the MN boards are a huge, free resource that aren't going away but some people might CHOOSE to. And quite frankly if it works for them, then it's probably worth every penny and more.

But let's see what the MN testers who've signed up say - it's a free trial and will be interesting to see what they think, given they've got access to the MN boards, as you say.

TalkinPeace Mon 12-Jan-15 11:37:28

But Justine, 5:2 is NOT a "6 week plan" it's for life.
Those pillocks have mis understood it.
Have probably ripped ideas off from us lot - like all the other books including Mimi's
They are just cashing in on post Christmas blues and giving IF a bad name.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Jan-15 11:48:05

TalkinPeace

But Justine, 5:2 is NOT a "6 week plan" it's for life.
Those pillocks have mis understood it.
Have probably ripped ideas off from us lot - like all the other books including Mimi's
They are just cashing in on post Christmas blues and giving IF a bad name.

No "those pillocks" haven't I think. Some people want help to get going and to understand the theory/how it works etc. Most people who do the 6 week programme feel more confident about continuing with it according to feedback.

StuntNun Wed 14-Jan-15 09:50:00

Wow, why are people so upset about this? Yes the MN 5:2 threads are excellent but some people like to be in a formal program and enjoy the support of other people going through the same thing at the same time. Personally I know that if I spent £40 on a program then I would be a lot more likely to stick it out for the full six weeks and be successful than if I were doing it on my own.

Chocolateteabag Tue 27-Jan-15 14:00:05

I have got a place on the free trial programme and I'll post a review on here at the end of the 6 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: