Talk

Advanced search

Jason Vale - 5lb in 5days diet

(11 Posts)
juicediet123 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:29:12

So I've started the Jason Vale juice diet, I was really excited to start this but soon became nervous about all the things that had to go into the juice.
I am a very fussy eater but thought I would be able to manage this, so today was my first day and when it came to drinking my juice the juice has bits in which I don't like because it makes me feel sick and my lunch was a different juice which I didn't even drink that because I couldn't stand the taste sad
I really wanted to stick to this as I am rubbish at eating healthy and have gained quite abit of weight recently, I really don't know what to do?
Can anyone help who has done the juice diet or is a fussy eater?
What is the best diet to do?

bruciebonus Mon 03-Mar-14 13:37:24

What is the taste you don't like? I could not stand the wheatgrass or spirulina powders, so just left them out. I enjoyed the taste of all the juices otherwise.

juicediet123 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:53:23

Its the spinach and the bits the apples left in the juice.
I am going to try tomorrows one for dinner and hope that is better.

bruciebonus Mon 03-Mar-14 14:04:15

Ah, yes I know what you mean. I didn't mind those bits so much (I love spinach!) you do need to make sure when juicing that you sandwich the spinach between the apples, I found that made the spinach less "bitty". Maybe you could strain the juice to get rid of the bits? The jug that came with my juicer had a divider thingy in it so you didn't get all the foam, but again, I quite liked that as well!

juicediet123 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:07:35

Oh okay.
I will try that tonight and see if it works.
Thank you smile

RufusTheReindeer Mon 03-Mar-14 14:13:55

I changed the drinks to mainly fruit ones as I couldn't stand the ones suggested

Got to about the Wednesday after starting on the Monday and just couldn't take another vegetable drink!

Did it for a week and lost 9lb

Good luck

juicediet123 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:21:49

RufusTheReinderr - wow that's amazing id be happy with just the 5lb.

I think I may just change to fruit as I really don't like the vegetables involved in the recipes.

Thank you.

bruciebonus Mon 03-Mar-14 14:41:37

Have you had the apple, carrot, lemon and ginger one yet? Surprisingly refreshing, and not overly carrot-ty. I agree that if u are not into things like spinach, kale, beetroot etc then it may be a struggle. Good luck - I did it about 18 months ago and lost 7lb in 7 days and kept up a healthy eating plan afterwards and lost more for a while, but make sure you have a plan in place for maintenance afterwards as although you can lose it quickly, if you go back to your old ways it will come back on rather quickly! I am giving 5:2 a try now as a more sustainable plan going forward long term.

juicediet123 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:50:50

I have no given that one a try yet. I hate beetroot so I am dreading that one.
I've put on 2 stone in a year because I've gone from a job were I was always on my feet to an office job where there are loads of snacks and cakes sad.
I am looking at changing my career as I don't want to have to constantly diet throughout my life.
What is the 5:2 diet I have never heard of this?

RufusTheReindeer Mon 03-Mar-14 15:10:27

Agree with brucie re maintenance

There is a lot of threads on 5:2 on mumsnet, well worth looking at

Carrot as a drink is quite nice, kale etc I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole

MelanieCheeks Mon 03-Mar-14 15:39:57

This section is titled "Fasting/5:2 diet".

5:2 is a verison of intermittent fasting - 2 days a week are restricted to 500 calories, the other 5 days are at TDEE or maintenance level.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now