Talk

Advanced search

7days detox - anybody fancy joining me?

(21 Posts)
DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 09:13:23

I have found a plan online that I really think I could stick to as it's not too restrictive.

m.voices.yahoo.com/how-lose-10-17-pounds-7-days-7155222.html

I'm starting today so the detox will end on Sunday.

If it all goes to plan then I will have lost 10lbs at least which sounds wonderful to me.

My starting weight is 207lbs so if I get under 200 lbs I'll be over the moon smile

Anyone fancy joining me & motivating each other?

DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 09:14:48

So day one will be as follows:

Day One: All fruits except bananas. Ten glasses of water. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and cantaloupes. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.

Rationale: Day One you are preparing your system for the upcoming programme. Your only source of nutrition is fresh or canned fruits. Fruits are nature's perfect food. They provide everything you could possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety.

BetsyBell Mon 24-Feb-14 09:26:54

Are you going to come and join in with 5:2 after you've done this? It'll help you keep those 10lbs off and give you a sustainable way of getting down to your target weight grin

DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 09:32:10

Thanks Betsy I will come & join I don't want to regain the weight smile

Megrim Mon 24-Feb-14 09:37:04

It's a variation on the Cabbage Soup diet. Much of the weight loss will be water plus some muscle tissue (not much fat). It works by severely restricting your calorie intake, and therefore it's not sustainable for any length of time (ie no longer than a week). You'll also fart like a very farty thing for a week.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it. Slow and steady wins the race.

MelanieCheeks Mon 24-Feb-14 09:48:55

Honestly? I think it sounds a terrible plan. "Detox" is one of those words that is bandied about but which doesnt actually mean anything.

BetsyBell Mon 24-Feb-14 09:49:11

I think part of it is just getting your head in the right place to get to grips with losing weight - so if it does that for you DumDum then why not go for it? The good thing is that fasting days will feel very easy after a week of this regime!

If you feel yourself dropping off the wagon half way through then come and start 5:2 instead grin.

Oh and make sure you get out for some nice long walks too each day if you can - it will help weight loss and distract from hunger, and make you feel good too.

jenniferlawrence Mon 24-Feb-14 09:53:58

This is pretty much the cabbage soup diet which is all fruit plus an extremely low cal soup on day one, all veg plus soup on day two, fruit and veg plus soup on day 3, bananas and milk plus soup another day, a baked potato another day, chicken and tomatoes another day etc. I used to do it and agree that it works temporarily but is pretty horrible. As said above, you lose a lot of water so when you go back to eating normally some of the weight loss will go back on.

DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:19:20

Thanku so much for all ur replies guys and the wise words of wisdom smile

I must admit after reading through many detoxes this seemed like the only one I thought I could stick to for a week anyway!

It's my first tym detoxing so who knows how it will go but I like the idea of fruit & veg mix & it's only 7 days!

I'm going shopping in a bit to get stocked up smile

I do hope to continue afterwards with the 5:2 method.

DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 20:08:54

Day one no problem onwards to day 2 veggies time smile

Pennies Mon 24-Feb-14 20:14:43

I'm doing a 7 day juicing detox this week. Found day 1 hard but day 2 (today) has been OK.

BetsyBell Mon 24-Feb-14 20:16:34

Pennies are you going to come and join us on the 5:2 threads afterwards as well? Make sure those lost lbs don't come hurtling back..!

DumDum32 Tue 25-Feb-14 07:56:50

pennies i was thinking of just juicing but knew it was too restrictive for me personally. Well done on getting through day one as that's the hardest part just getting started.

My aim for today is to stuff myself with as much vegetable as possible. Should be an easy day as I love vegetables smile

betsy how do u find the 5:2 method is it working well for u?

BetsyBell Tue 25-Feb-14 11:26:56

Dumdum I've been doing this for over a year now. Got to a good BMI within 6 months and have been maintaining with 5:2 ever since. I love it.

Go and see the Inspirational thread for success stories www.mumsnet.com/Talk/fasting_diet/1908144-The-Inspirational-5-2-Thread

DumDum32 Tue 25-Feb-14 18:56:35

Thanks betsy I will have a look smile

Pennies Tue 25-Feb-14 22:41:12

I might do the 5:2 - i tried it before and didn't lose anything. Hated feeling deprived. I'm on a general detox really. I think once this week is over I will spend the next two weeks having 2 juices in the day and a healthy evening meal and then take it from there.

DumDum32 Wed 26-Feb-14 14:05:37

Pennies ur plan sounds good to me smile

Well day 3 here & all going to plan so far no headaches or any other side effects except a bit of back pain.
It's veg/fruit day for me today, no bananas no potato though which I don't mind smile

DumDum32 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:04:07

Veg made in George foreman - yes please smile

Pennies Thu 27-Feb-14 19:20:52

Coming o the end of day 5 and still smiling! It's not been too bad actually, although juicing stuff when I'm in a rush isn't fun. I have had to be very organised. Tea time when I'm making food for the kids is very difficult though.

DumDum32 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:43:06

Good to hear it's going well though pennies

Mine is going good too though not sure about any weight loss I do feel lighter in myself smile

DumDum32 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:36:52

Oh dear time of month has screwed up the while detox sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now