Talk

Advanced search

Newbie! What do you eat on fast AND non-fast days?

(5 Posts)
MyriadOfMiracles Sun 23-Feb-14 21:54:58

Just that ^ really please folks!?
Starting tomorrow smile got the book , just looking for some practical advice please ... I am 5'7 and weigh around 10 stone 10 pounds. Ideally looking to lose a stone.

MelanieCheeks Mon 24-Feb-14 09:47:05

For me, I set MyFitnessPal to maintenance, which gives me around 1500 calories on nonfast days (NFDs). I try to keep my carbs at around 100-150g per day - nothing to do with 5:2, just how my body works best. I might eat more if I've exercised. Within that I'll have

breakfast: choice of eggs, one slice toast with peanut butter, yoghurt with berries, porridge/ overnight oats.

lunch - homemade soup or stew - I make a batch at weekends and keep single portions in the freezer.

Dinner- stirfry, fish pie, lamb tagine, anything really. I keep my portion of carbs small.

Fast Days (FDs) - I've found it best to eat as little as possible during the day, so I comsume a lot of water, herbal teas, black coffees. I'll have a miso soup at lunchtime and maybe a satsuma mid-afternoon. Dinner is protein and veg based, so could be prawn salad, scallops and courgette ribbons in tomato sauce, chicken breast with asparagus. There's a great recipe thread in this section with LOADS of ideas for FDs. When inspriation fails there's always an omelette, or a tin of soup.

But this is a really flexible way of eating - don't feel you have to conform to a set of rules. You can eat anything you like, as long as you watch the portion size and calories.

MyriadOfMiracles Tue 25-Feb-14 10:54:56

Thanks Melanie! I'll check the FD thread now smile
You seem so disciplined in non fast days too! Though you still eat a fair amount so that sounds promising!

MelanieCheeks Thu 27-Feb-14 07:28:18

Ha! You should see the amount of food I ate yesterday, including ice-cream, cheesy tapas bites, and licorice allsorts. To be fair, I was doing a 5 mile training run in the evening so that sort of cancelled it out.

Actually "amount" is very important - you can eat whatever you want, just not unlimited quantities of it.

MyriadOfMiracles Thu 27-Feb-14 18:56:05

Thanks Melanie. Portion control is an issue, but I hear this is helped by fasting - as in you become more mindful over time! Fingers X!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now