Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried the 5:2 diet without telling their dh?

(11 Posts)
ellesabe Thu 20-Feb-14 21:37:12

And if you did, did he notice?

I just don't know if he'd approve and it would potentially be less bother to just not tell him!

bishboschone Fri 21-Feb-14 07:03:18

Yes I'm doing it now and haven't him. I'm
Waiting for him to notice . I've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks but he hasn't said anything yet .

ellesabe Fri 21-Feb-14 21:04:52

Thanks bish

Does he not notice that you hardly eat anything some days?

bishboschone Fri 21-Feb-14 21:50:45

Nope .. He works long hours and I don't always eat regularly . On fast days I don't eat in the day and eat with him at night . Pretty easy really .

RedPencils Fri 21-Feb-14 21:55:26

He noticed weight loss But not what I was eating.
I didn't want to make a fuss about a new diet so I just got on with it. I don't eat meat, and he does so me having different meals is not that unusual.

wildwater Sat 22-Feb-14 00:50:52

He will eventually notice. Mine did after two weeks (my missing 5kg) and immediately began doing it with me, he was so impressed by how simple it was. Over a year later we have lost a combined 50kg and are happily maintaining on 5:2, sometimes 16:8.

bishboschone Sat 22-Feb-14 13:17:15

My dh is slim and tall so I am always trying to feed him. So no way we could do it together .. I don't look any thinner yet so maybe he will notice soon .

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Sat 01-Mar-14 15:12:26

Me, but I get away with it as I go to a course on a Monday night straight from work so its easy for me to stick to 500 cals that day. I only do a mini fast the other day though (the on reason being so he wont notice TBH). I just CBA with the hassle of telling him. Another Fad, undereating etc etc etc according to him.

Happymum1985 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:18:14

Can someone explain to me what the 5.2 diet is? Heard loads of people talking about it!

womblesofwestminster Tue 04-Mar-14 13:22:48

I've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks but he hasn't said anything yet

shock He hasn't noticed???

Megrim Tue 04-Mar-14 13:31:28

I wish I hadn't told him, as he's now telling everyone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now