Talk

Advanced search

5:2 diet - basic question!

(6 Posts)
MrsEricBana Tue 21-May-13 13:47:48

Hello,
I haven't read the book (will get it) but have read various articles and the website so I understand the principle of it. My question is, on the fasting days does it really matter what & when you eat as long as it is under 500 cals? I do understand that it would be easier to stick to if it were more filling or, say, spicy, tasty things than something easy and bland, but does it affect the outcome? I have seen lots of great sounding idea re poached eggs and aspargus, spicy lentil stew, various yummy soups etc, but would it work equally well to have 4 medium bananas and lots of herb tea over the day, or a <500 cal pot of bought soup and calorie free drinks spread out over the day. Thanks gurus!

BsshBossh Tue 21-May-13 14:35:49

If you're in it just for weightloss then you can have your 500 cals any way you wish and at whatever time(s). If you're in it also for health benefits then you should aim to not be constantly eating - to leave as large a gap between feeds as you can eg 12, 16, 24 hours.

MrsEricBana Tue 21-May-13 15:14:54

Thanks for your reply. So breakfast, no lunch, supper good then.

frenchfancy Tue 21-May-13 19:42:58

Yes that would be good. No breakfast, no lunch and 500 cals for dinner would be even better, and many of us after experimenting find it easier. That way you can avoid food.

BsshBossh Tue 21-May-13 20:09:51

Yes, I save all my 500 cals for dinner = 22-24 hour fasting. If I eat into my 500 cals during the day my hunger switch turns on and I struggle. I also like going to bed on a full stomach.

MrsEricBana Tue 21-May-13 22:20:37

That does make sense. So just herbal tea etc in the day then for 500 calories you can have a reasonable evening meal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now