Talk

Advanced search

Implant for 2 years then periods come back? Anyone had this?

(4 Posts)
captainpantbeard Tue 21-May-19 11:43:23

I had the implant put in in September 2017 after being on Depo for approximately 6 years.

With both I have had 0 periods and been over the moon about it as I really suffered with debilitating pain, had loads of investigations etc but nothing other than 'really shit periods'.

I am now on my second light period since March only this one is very painful and I can't stop crying (I do have things to potentially cry about so could just be a build up but today with period pain and crying it all feels linked)

I'm going to ring the doctor when I can, just wondered if anyone had experienced this? Could it be menopause? (I am 47)

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-May-19 10:53:42

Not sure, OP but didn't want to read and run. Anyone else about who might be able to help?

Hope it sorts itself out soon, OP.

TheSheepHaveEyes Tue 28-May-19 19:46:10

No, but when I had my implant put in my GP said that she would replace it early if my period came back/cycle changed if it hadn't completely stopped, because sometimes the hormones don't quite last the full three years. I've only had mine in for a few months (age 44) but she also said I'd need it changing once before menopause, so at 47 and having had it in for a couple of years it seems likely that it just needs changing.

captainpantbeard Tue 28-May-19 23:50:42

Thanks, I’ve been meaning to contact the doctor but going through a bereavement atm. I’ll get onto it...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »