Talk

Advanced search

Has Levonelle worked? So worried

(29 Posts)
Violetsugar Tue 07-May-19 21:33:12

Hi all
I’m new here but really wanted second opinions on the issue I’m having.
Partner and I had a burst condom incident the day after my last period ended. The next day I went and got levonelle (it was within 24 hours from the incident).

6 days later I began to bleed, like a period but it only lasted 3 and half days and although started out more like a normal period it trailed off to light bleeding/spotting.
I don’t know if this was my “real period” or not?

Anyway my period is now overdue by 5 days (Counting from my original last period, not the other “period” that happened since taking the pill). I am panicking like mad!

I took a pregnancy test at 2 days overdue - it was negative. (Used first wee of day)

But still no period! What’s more my breasts are sore as hell! I normally can get sore boobs before my period but this month they seem worse. I’m feeling incredibly hormonal and weepy.
I’m also feeling at times a little dizzy and potentially nauseas like early pregnancy, but I don’t know if I’m just imagining this because I’m paranoid (as when I’m busy or distracted I tend to not feel this so much).

Has anyone had a levonelle failure?
Did the bleed I had mid-cycle mess up my cycle and make my period late? Do these bleeds indicate levonelle was successful? Was that short period my actual period?
Ah I’m going crazy with worry.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

GummyGoddess Fri 24-May-19 14:53:05

Is it out of the question to pay for a private 'baby scan' for peace of mind?

Violetsugar Fri 24-May-19 20:01:38

Yes unfortunately as I don’t have the money or time right now

Violetsugar Mon 03-Jun-19 21:02:42

Hi all. Just thought I’d conclude this thread by saying I finally got my period this evening.
This was 61 days after the start of my last “proper” period.
48 days after my bleed/short period after taking the Levonelle.
So it was a long wait, but a relief it’s over!
I thought I should specify the outcome as I’ve seen so many similar threads on this site and others where the poster never confirms whether or not they were pregnant in the end, which is quite frustrating. Hopefully this post may help or provide some reassurance to someone in future smile

GummyGoddess Tue 04-Jun-19 19:26:55

That's great news! Congratulations on your non-pregnancy grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »