Talk

Advanced search

Contraception Injection

(9 Posts)
Ccox Sun 05-May-19 12:24:17

I’m was on the pill but doctors taken me off it and refused to give me it because I had terrible side effects..anyway so I have to think of anything alternative..really don’t want the coil so other thing is the injection..but I’m worried that it will mess with my fertility when I come off it? I am only wanting to go on the injection for around 6-9 months until I’m married so I won’t be on it that long really but what’s everyone’s experiences on the injection with coming off, side effects etc thanks

dementedpixie Sun 05-May-19 12:32:57

The injection can delay return to fertility for up to a year (sometimes longer) so may not be a good option if you only want it short term. It made me bleed and put on lots of weight.

What pill were you on, combined or mini pill?

Ccox Sun 05-May-19 18:54:09

I’ve had both, the doctor won’t give me them no more😩

MummatoaMunchkin Sun 05-May-19 19:01:46

Weight gain and non stop bleeding here too, and i swear it made my anxiety worse.

Have you tried the patch? Its meant to be good, i cant have it because im overweight but i want it one day .

dementedpixie Sun 05-May-19 19:11:50

Patch is a combined contraceptive too so probably contraindicated for OP

HankyPanky04 Sun 05-May-19 19:15:15

Weight gain but it actually stopped my periods! Oh the bliss! No more raging psycho every month

SpamBot Sun 05-May-19 19:26:09

Stopped my periods and got pregnant within a month of coming off it, been on it years!

GiveMeFood12 Sun 05-May-19 19:30:01

I was on the injection for 9 months; no periods but I lost 3 stone in weight (I was on 8.5 stone to start with) my hair fell out and I was always tired ..... however after coming off of the injection I was pregnant within 6 weeks

Have you looked into the patch? Or the implant?

ArcticArcus Tue 11-Jun-19 20:24:38

I just posted a novel on my experience if you wanted to find it for a read. The cliff note edition is that it was perfect while I was on it, no periods and no side effects. But I'm 9 months and counting of being off with withdrawal side effects and who knows what.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »