Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have I been taking the mini pill wrong?

(5 Posts)
Simplethingsinlife Wed 06-Jun-18 09:53:57

So I got a possible faint positive on a test yesterday. Will test again tomorrow. THing is, I’m on Cerelle(the one you take every day, no break). I was reading the instructions last night(probably should have done that a couple of months ago!) and it said ‘each time you start a new strip of pills, take a tablet from the top row. Don’t start with just any tablet’. Why?? Surely they’re all the same?! Bit worried now...

emilyls Mon 11-Jun-18 20:44:33

Have you retaken a test? With the mini pill you have to just remember to take it every day within the same 12 hour window period each day. It takes 48 hours to become effective so by the time you've have 3 pills in a row you are covered. As long as you've taken a pill every day around the same time then you should not fall pregnant. If you had taken any potential risks prior to starting the pill you may be pregnant from that. Any pill in the pack will be fine. The instruction state the top row as it's just easier to remember for some people.

Simplethingsinlife Wed 13-Jun-18 23:02:09

Yes. Took another test and it’s negative.
I feel sick a lot of the time though. Not sure if the pill makes me feel off. The combined pill did, so I swapped to the mini pill. I feel the same.

emilyls Thu 14-Jun-18 19:30:28

How long have you been taking the mini pill for? When I give out any pill to ladies I say expect to have side effects for 2-3 months. Usually at 3 months these side effects will have settled as your body becomes used to the pill but you have to give it chance to get to that point. If at 3 Months you're still not enjoying this method then time to review for a change of pill or method. It might help to take your pill at night if sickness is an issue- you then sleep through the sicky stage.

dirtybadger Fri 15-Jun-18 12:10:33

All the pills are exactly the same, where you take them from doesn't make a difference except for aiding compliance (i.e. not forgetting whether you've taken one, or not).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: