Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena removal

(3 Posts)
howiseverynametaken Fri 23-Feb-18 03:04:45

I had my Mirena removed after 6 years in early Jan. Initially had it to control painful and heavy periods. I had a few days of spotting after it was removed and now having what I think is my first period 30 days later. It is very very light in comparison to what they used to be like...as in not even worth a tampon (Sorry if TMI!). Has anyone else had a major change in periods post Mirena removal?

ladybee28 Tue 06-Mar-18 12:22:48

Very early to be judging it now - will take a few months for your cycle to get back to normal. Have you switched to another form of hormonal contraception since?

Honey2468 Tue 06-Mar-18 18:18:23

This happened to me after the implant and they never went back to normal. Not that I’m complaining but I get a lot of pain outside of my periods now, they are really spread out and it’s been proving impossible to conceive. This might not be your period though. It could still be irregular bleeding since it’s still quite soon after having it removed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: