Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometriosis

(2 Posts)
SolemnlySwear2010 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:45:40

Hi, after a trip to my GP today she believes i have Endometriosis.

I have researched it for myself and i do agree that i have a lot of symptoms that check the endometriosis box.

Can anyone give me advise on what to expect?

She wants to start by just managing the pain i am in so has prescribed heavy duty painkillers etc and has said that I should think about a hormone contraceptive (currently on copper coil) as these tend to help.

My issue is that i spent that past 7 years on and off the implant and had decided to go for a contraceptive that didn't have hormones in it as everything else was making me have mood swings/migraines etc.

Are these my only options - to either deal with the pain and bleeding or have to take painkillers every month and go on contraception that messes with my emotions and well-being.

Thanks

SolemnlySwear2010 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:46:20

Sorry i should have mentioned, i currently have 1 DD who is almost 4 and we are hoping to start trying for another baby in the next few years

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: