Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed period and starting new contraception conundrum

(2 Posts)
Ponocky Mon 12-Feb-18 06:39:17

I am 7 days late for my period and have so far had 3 negative pregnancy tests, the latest one was taken yesterday, and no symptoms. All were done using first morning urine and were solid no's. No faint lines or faulty tests etc.

I had a baby 10 months ago, bled continually for the first 7 months (it was hell!) then had 2 semi-regular periods. So I am far from regular just yet. Also, when I got my BFP it was at 10 dpo, so confirmed very early before I'd even missed my period.

DH and I did the deed with condoms during the week after I was supposed to have ovulated, so supposedly a safe time regardless to not conceive, but the condom broke. It's the only time we did it after my last period as i was sick with a combination of food poisoning and then the flu for a good 2 weeks. So I now dont know if all that illness made me ovulate late or maybe even not at all?

So, with all that in mind, can I be sure that I'm definitely not pregnant and can start a pack of contraceptive pills today to avoid this happening again?? I have some that the doctor gave me at my 6 week check which are still in date and I was on the same type before I fell pregnant for years without issue.

anonteacher1 Tue 13-Feb-18 13:58:14

Start it on day 1 of next period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now