Talk

Advanced search

Missed period and starting new contraception conundrum

(2 Posts)
Ponocky Mon 12-Feb-18 06:39:17

I am 7 days late for my period and have so far had 3 negative pregnancy tests, the latest one was taken yesterday, and no symptoms. All were done using first morning urine and were solid no's. No faint lines or faulty tests etc.

I had a baby 10 months ago, bled continually for the first 7 months (it was hell!) then had 2 semi-regular periods. So I am far from regular just yet. Also, when I got my BFP it was at 10 dpo, so confirmed very early before I'd even missed my period.

DH and I did the deed with condoms during the week after I was supposed to have ovulated, so supposedly a safe time regardless to not conceive, but the condom broke. It's the only time we did it after my last period as i was sick with a combination of food poisoning and then the flu for a good 2 weeks. So I now dont know if all that illness made me ovulate late or maybe even not at all?

So, with all that in mind, can I be sure that I'm definitely not pregnant and can start a pack of contraceptive pills today to avoid this happening again?? I have some that the doctor gave me at my 6 week check which are still in date and I was on the same type before I fell pregnant for years without issue.

anonteacher1 Tue 13-Feb-18 13:58:14

Start it on day 1 of next period.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: