Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Crazy coil?

(7 Posts)
candlefloozy Mon 29-Jan-18 07:00:35

I keep feeling sick and my boobs are very sore. Had it put in last April. No problems. Periods stopped in October.
Do I just live with this or could I be pregnant? Can't feel the strings. Never been able to.

Honey2468 Sat 03-Feb-18 10:17:31

Hi! Hope you are feeling better by now. Hope you have taken a test also. If it’s not that then I wouldn’t just put up with your symptoms. You don’t say whether it is copper or hormonal. The hormonal ones can cause weird hormonal symptoms at any time but I was told you should always be able to feel the strings to check its in place. Coils can migrate or imbed even when you CAN feel the strings so if you can’t there is absolutely no way to tell what is gojng on without an ultrasound. Definitely go back to the doctor!

candlefloozy Sat 03-Feb-18 18:49:03

Thank you. I haven't taken a test. Had a manic week. But I think I'll go get one tomororw just to put my mind at rest. I guess I just need to know whether I am or not.

JKCR2017 Sun 04-Feb-18 19:29:52

I’ve had the coil twice now and I remember with my first one it would give me these crazy symptoms that felt like early pregnancy symptoms and the coil also stopped my period. The symptoms were haf bad I took several pregnancy tests. All were negative.

I have it again (I didn’t want to buy the pill and implant are worse for me) and it has stopped my periods again but no major symptoms so my body must of reacted differently this time!

I never check for my strings now. I went for a check six weeks after it went in and the lady said they were really short so I probably wouldn’t be able to feel them anyway.

It does make me hideously spotty though. 😢

candlefloozy Mon 05-Feb-18 20:15:53

@JKCR2017 I am awfully spotty. I've been taking tablets for acne for months now. I feel stupid being 31 and the skin of a teenager! That is the downside

JKCR2017 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:00:31

Has the spots been since having the coil candlefloozy? My skin was okay prior to the coil. I got the occasional spot but since having the coil it’s crazy. I have been getting them on my neck and on my chest which has never happened before. I get so paranoid about them so tempted to have it out because of this!

candlefloozy Wed 07-Feb-18 17:53:43

I did have bad skin but no where near this bad. My neck is the worst place. Tops of my shoulders. My face is surprisingly fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now