Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does the bleeding ever stop on noriday ?

(20 Posts)
Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 14:29:22

Hi, I’m hoping some people have experience with this. If you do then thank you for reading! The first 16 days were fine then I had a 7day bleed which I thought was a period (light, very heavy, light then finished) and this was fine but 6 days later it happened again and lasted for 6 days (exactly the same). Again not the end of the world but four days later and It came back and I’m currently on day 4 really heavy and showing absolutely no signs of stopping. I’ve also had headaches, nausea, sore breasts awful skin. All of this was fine in the hope it would settle down if it was working otherwise as nothing else ever did but it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I’m looking for advice because I have the dr on the 9th of January and I know he is going to ask if I want to continue or switch to norgeston (my last option) and I don’t want to give up on noriday if it will eventually settle but I don’t want to waste like 4 more months bleeding if it never will. I’m loosing the will to live so any personal experience with this (positive or negative) would be so gratefully appreciated x

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 17:34:06

Have you tried any if the desogestrel based mini pills as they are more likely to stop periods? I was on cerazette and had no periods for several years. I then got the mirena coil and that also stopped them

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 19:36:12

Hi, thank you for your reply, yes I was on cerazette for 6 months (constant bleeding) then on cerelle for 3months (constant bleeding), same hormone and same dose so no idea what they were trying to achieve, then back on cerazette for 3months (again constant bleeding) then the implant for 9 months (bled constantly for 11 months. You are very lucky if you find something which works for you. I’m reluctant to give up on noriday because this is the only thing we’re the bleeding hasn’t been constant but it’s getting closer and closer together and I don’t think it’s going to stop now sad

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 19:53:16

And I have also tried a coil as well, the worst one yet .... sad

IncaAztec Sat 23-Dec-17 19:57:07

I had the same. Not to be rude, but if you weigh over 11 stone my GP suggested bleeding was more of a problem. I've had a copper coil fitted: no excess bleeding and normal periods.

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 19:57:30

Was it the copper coil or the mirena that has hormones in it? Copper coil can cause heavier bleeding

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 19:58:55

I am well over 11 stone (more like 15) and didn't have excess bleeding as cerazette and then the mirena coil both stopped my periods

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 21:02:48

Thank you for you replies! It was the copper but it totally put me off because the one time we tried s*x my partner couldn’t because it was hurting him and the pain (cramps) reminded me of having a miscarriage afterwards. Dr refused to cut them because I’m misshapen and my cervix is “extremely posterior”. She said even a highly skilled dr would have trouble removing it without surgery if she cut the threads so she point blank refused. I just don’t think the mirena would be any different confused
I’m 9 stone, 5ft 5. But I do have suspected pcos and my testosterone is always to high. I think this plays some sort of role in my problems. I don’t even mind suffering if I know it will settle down eventually but I’m just exhausted from being on stuff that never does

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 21:06:55

Sorry, my kitten smacked my phone and I posted that too soon but I was just going to say that the bleeding on the copper coil was constant from the minute I sat up till two months after I had it out. The dr gave me Norethisterone which reduced it but left me with the worst cramps and antibiotics for PID which again reduced it right down but as soon as I stopped them it came back with a vengeance ...

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 21:08:29

Is the combined pill contraindicated for you?

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 21:23:51

Unfortunately yes, migraines with aura even with the low dose pills. I don’t get migraines unless I’m on birth control. The diagram just slips forward, out of place, because I’m misshapen, obv the ring and patch are out of the question and my go said the injection is really not a good idea because “once it’s in it’s in” and it can stay in your system a lot longer than intended meaning I could be bleeding for months on end if it goes wrong which it likely will. I am happy to use condoms but my gynaecologist said it’s the NHS policy that if a woman is not actively trying for a baby then she must be on something and she will not treat my PCOS until I’m on something. I’m obviously not trying for a baby because I’ve lost my fiancé due to all of this. If I’m honest I’m surprised I still have a job and a roof over my head. It basically leaves me with Noriday or Norgeston so I don’t want to give up on Noriday too soon if it will settle eventually, thank you again for your reply x

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 21:41:08

Mirena is often used to control heavy bleeding. I don't have experience of noriday or norgeston, sorry. Norgeston contains the same hormone that's in the mirena coil. Noriday looks as if its the same as the micronor I used to take which gave me periods every 2 weeks (so did femulen but it's been discontinued as has micronor)

dementedpixie Sat 23-Dec-17 21:42:18

I also tried the injection but it made me bleed constantly and put on hundreds of weight

Honey2468 Sat 23-Dec-17 21:51:37

Thanks so much again, if I’m honest I don’t really want the injection because I know it can effect your fertility for years after and I was all set to try for kids in a year or two before all of this. My clock is kind of ticking and I don’t want to make things any harder than they need to be if I do decide to start trying in the near future. I so wish femulen was still an option but yes it’s the same as micronor, do you mind me asking how long you preservered with it before you new it wouldn’t work? I don’t have heavy bleeding when not on contraception, my natural periods are four days and really easy (no cramps) and only once every 8 months but the no sex thing is what puts me off of the mirena, those horrible little wires ! Lol

Honey2468 Fri 12-Jan-18 16:37:22

Just for anyone wondering if it did in the end (or someone coming back to it later), I’m on day 14 with of no bleeding and I don’t see any signs of it coming. As I have said I would not mind an actual period but I think I might have (after 10 long years) found the solution!!!!

GirlGang89 Thu 17-May-18 22:55:08

This post is a few months old now but just thought I’d say I’m near the end of month 2 of Noriday and bleeding everyday! I came on it 6 weeks after having my daughter so I thought that may play a part a bit but it’s getting ridiculous now! Also yes cramps, terrible cramps which I compared to early contractions!! (Still fresh in my mind... haha)

Also about the depo injection and fertility - everyone is different. With DD1 I got pregnant 5 months from coming off it and I had been on it continuously for 6 years with no period! With DD2 I had been back on it for 1 year after DD1 and took me 11/12 months to get pregnant again! Swings and roundabouts xxx

Honey2468 Fri 18-May-18 08:12:08

Thank you for this! I’m back on the combined pill now and the bleeding is much less so I’m happier with it, finally found a dr happy to give me it. Like you said though everyone is different! Xx

user1359 Fri 18-May-18 08:28:48

Honey, if you have migraine with aura you really shouldn't be on the combined pill. Why put yourself at added stroke risk?

Honey2468 Wed 23-May-18 21:53:13

Doctor says I have to take it. He gave me really strong pain killers for headaches if I get them and said if I ever got pregnant the stroke risk would be a lot higher than this and people do that all the time ... who knows ..

user1300 Thu 24-May-18 05:31:13

Hmm. I've seen top Harley street neurologists, it's been 3+ years since I've had an aura but they were emphatic. Hope you'll be ok. I couldn't take that risk

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: