Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has my implant run out?!

(5 Posts)
lucylouuu Thu 02-Nov-17 19:43:00

I’m due to have my implant taken out at the end of December, ive had it for 3 years and not had a single period in that time, however i now have a really painful heavy period ( probably not that bad but as i haven’t had one in so long it seems it). Do you think this means the implant may have stopped working early and is no longer working? is it safe to have sex when it stops or no? 

dementedpixie Thu 02-Nov-17 21:08:42

So has it expired? If so I would use some other contraception alongside

I'd go to the GP. I haven't had a period for nearly 6 years. Thinking about it, I must book to have mine changed before Christmas.

FledglingFTB Thu 02-Nov-17 21:22:21

Similar thing happened to me, it’s potency weakens but the Dr reassured me that they give a few months lea-way on those dates it didn’t instantly run out

I had it over 7+ years and for each one I reacted differently. First implant absolutely l nothing. Second really random, third fairly regular and very light.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 02-Nov-17 21:24:11

it’s potency weakens

This^

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now