Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Natural Cycles App

(4 Posts)
mushmallow Sun 29-Oct-17 06:32:10

Anyone using this? Any positive recommendations? I'm sick of hormones and hate condoms.

Weathergirl1 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:56:29

Yep - I've been using it for about 18 months now and I find it much better than the pill (I don't think the hormones were doing me any favours).

You do still need to use condoms on red days, but once you've been using it regularly and it's worked out how your cycle works, you'll get more safe green days.

I buy cheap OPKs from Amazon to use with it (helps it to pin point ovulation) and I actually really like now understanding how my body works. The thing that's really struck me is that knowing when you ovulate means that there's little chance of being worried you might be pregnant because of a late period. One month I was late ovulating because I had a stressful week around when I should have done, and it meant my cycle was longer than usual, but because I knew what my body was doing, it wasn't a worry.

You do need to get into a routine with taking the temperatures (my thermometer is on my bedside table), but I've only had a few days where I've been ill where it's been obvious that the temperature reading is dodgy (you enter it anyway and tag it so they don't use it).

BertieBotts Tue 31-Oct-17 00:04:09

I have not used the app but would recommend to get a copy of the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility to read with it.

It's got to help having more knowledge as to how it works and this is the bible of NFP.

VicksterR Sun 03-Dec-17 22:00:59

I use it. I started using it a while ago now as hormonal contraception has horrible side effects and I feel that it has been long enough for me to give a judgement on it.
It is initially a bit strange waking up and taking your temperature, but I now set my alarm for 30 mins before I have to get up, I take my temperature and go back to sleep until my second 'get up' alarm. The thermometer remembers your last reading, so as long as you remember to put it into the app when you get up, it doesn't disturb your routine.
I have become much more in tune with my cycle and my body, and am able to recognise patterns in mt temperature and know what they mean. I have become a bit of a cycle geek!
The app has worked well for me and I would recommend it to anyone who knows they will trust themselves to enter their temperature readings daily.
As I have been using it for a while, I have a link that gives 30% off and a free thermometer. Click link

I hope this has helped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now