Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed pill - ?

(3 Posts)
TheIntrovertedMum Sat 28-Oct-17 18:55:50

So I'm on Noriday which is a pop mini pill, and I've just realised that I missed a pill on Thursday. Not great because I had sex last night confused.

Anyway I know one missed pill can be safe enough but that it can also cause a pregnancy. My question is that does it matter how far into the pack you are when you miss a pill?

The pill I missed would have been my second to last 🤔

flouncybeetroot Sat 28-Oct-17 19:00:38

My advice would be to take the morning after pill, can easily get from a pharmacy for £30 ish, as the advice on my pills is to use other protection after missing a pill, for 7 days, as you are at risk of preganancy. There is also other advice, such as now running two packs back to back, but that does depend on where in the pack cycle you are

TheIntrovertedMum Sat 28-Oct-17 21:09:13

I'm on the mini pill so I don't take breaks with my pill anyway!

I don't really wanna fork out for the morning after pill, if I were to fall pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world so I'm willing to take the chance..

Just wondering if anyone knew about the fail rate and if it depended on a specific point of the pill pack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now