Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerezette

(3 Posts)
MamaDeeGee Wed 25-Oct-17 20:47:42

So i was on cerazette for 4 years between 11-15 years old when i fell pregnant with my daughter never bled or had a period,
So after having my daughter at 16 (2010) i went on the depot injection until 2014 then back on cerazette until december 17th last year when i stopped taking it to Try and concieve, after 3 weeks i was pregnant and found out it was twins.
So my twins were born in september and bleeding stopped 2 weeks after birth, i started cerezette again 21days after birth so second or third day of taking it i started bleeding again,
And since its been constantly on and off! More on than off, most ive not bled is about 5 hours

Been to doctors and hes been saying its just the contraceptive since having all sorts of tests, he said i can either stop it and try again after a while or stop it & try something else or i can just try and persevere...
Has anyone had the same sort of thing?

If it doesnt stop soon, im thinking of stopping as its starting to get me down. Its not even just the bleeding its the feeling of bleeding and feeling icky.

CeeYouNextTues Wed 25-Oct-17 21:13:28

I bled almost continuously for the first 3 months of starting cerazette and now it’s 5 years later and nothing since!

Honey2468 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:15:47

Hi, aww this is rubbish! I bled for 6 months on it and then 3 months with a break in between(they put me on it before the implant and said it didn’t matter that I was bleeding). It never stopped for me however if you have only been taking it since September it hasn’t really had very long. I would give it a bit longer if you can just in case you are writing off something which could work for you (but definitely after the 3months try something else).
Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now