Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Desperate. Noriday - tell me all about it

(12 Posts)
mushmallow Wed 25-Oct-17 11:27:49

This is my very last pill I can try, so I pray I'll hear good things. I've had the active ingredient norithisterone before but in a combined pill.

Combined pills however give me migraines; cerazette turned me into a bitch; mirena i bled incessantly; condoms make me sore; periods are irregular for NFP.

So I've got noriday/micronor or abstinence and being I've only been married 18 days this is a no go.

dementedpixie Wed 25-Oct-17 13:21:59

Norgeston is another mini pill with a different active hormone to noriday/micronor or cerazette. It contains levonorgestrel

BathTangle Wed 25-Oct-17 13:30:57

I'm on Noriday/Micronor. I like it better than Cerazette, even though I liked the fact that cerazette had a bigger window if you forgot to take it!

I found cerazette lowered my libido, which while I suppose it makes for a good contraceptive (!) is not very helpful in an otherwise active relationship. I don't seem to have this problem with Noriday, nor any weight / skin problems or whatever.

The only thing I find is that my periods are completely random - can go 2-3 months with nothing, then have two bleeds a couple of weeks apart. They are very light though with no other symptoms, so apart from the unpredictability this isn't a problem.

dementedpixie Wed 25-Oct-17 13:33:48

Micronor gave me fortnightly periods but cerazette stops them completely so it really does depend on the person

Honey2468 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:27:53

Hi, I’m sort of in the same position. After these antibiotics my Dr has suggested I try Noriday. I have also taken Norethisterone to try and control the constant bleeding from the copper coil. It only reduced the bleeding but the dr thinks if I can tolerate that then the contraceptive form should be ok if I can remember to take it on time. Norgeston is still an option for me too but this is the same ingredient which is in the mirena so if you bleed on the mirena you will likely bleed on that pill (also the same stuff in Jaydess and morning after pill). The implant is a different ingredient (although I bled for 9 months straight on this) though and you could speak to someone about a copper coil if bleeding was the only issue from the mirena (maybe you would have better results than me)
Hope this helps

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:33:46

I use the implant, second month I had it I had a light 7 day bleed that only needed a liner & this month nothing.

I feel about 10 years younger now I'm not losing so much every month.

mushmallow Thu 26-Oct-17 14:39:16

Not a chance I'd have the copper coil. I can't comprehend signing up to heavier periods!

Honey2468 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:34:25

I guess it depends how heavy you are to begin with on whether it is worth it. It it was horrendous for me though and I wouldn’t recommend it unless it really is someone’s last option and they really desperately need contraception. Every woman is so different though ...

mushmallow Fri 27-Oct-17 07:28:55

True they are. That said, Id take condoms over a copper coil every day.

TheIntrovertedMum Sat 28-Oct-17 18:51:30

I've just finished month 4 of noriday and I have nothing bad to say about it. I have had periods whilst on it but not crazy bleeding every day types!

TheIntrovertedMum Sat 28-Oct-17 18:52:08

Although I have put weight on too but I haven't been the healthiest with my choices or done exercise so it may be completely unrelated!

mushmallow Fri 03-Nov-17 12:05:28

Great. Think I'll have one natural period then start the noriday next month. Already picked up my prescription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now