Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

End of the road ????

(5 Posts)
Honey2468 Sat 21-Oct-17 09:38:03

Hi all, I'm sorry if this is a bit long but I don't know where else to ask for advice now. I have bad cramp most of the time but only have a period maybe twice a year if I'm very lucky. Tests haven't found much for definite. Every time I go to a gynaecologist or dr appointment (even for my flu jab) it always comes back to "why are you not in contraception". I have headaches with the light "fairies" when I'm on the combined pill (even the lower dose) so that also rules it the patch and ring. I bled for six months straight on cerezette and then 3 on cerelle. I then bled for 9 months straight on the implant and it pretty much ruined my life. I begged for it to be removed so many times and the dr was still so angry calling me a drama queen when I went to my appointment to have it out. I even tried a diaphragm but apparently I'm misshapen and it kept slipping infrint and in no way covering what it was supposed to. I eventually let myself get pressured into the copper coil. Having it in was painful but nowhere near what I was expecting. I liked not feeling like I was on any hormones but the pains I had afterwards had me in my bed for the best part of five weeks. Dr wanted to remove it after the first week and got a bit annoyed with me when I said I wanted to give it a fair chance. I also bled heavily on this apart from a random 4 days in the middle. When we did attempt ... my partner could feel it and said it was hurting him and he just wanted to leave sex until it was out so sort of rules out mirena/Jaydess. We are also getting married it in the next year or two smile and would like to start trying for children in the near future ... which rules out the injection. We are fine with condoms but the doctors are not happy with this as I have taken the MAP twice in out four year relationship. I have a gynaecologist appointment in the pipeline again and I just wondered if there is anything left. The nurse said they never tell anyone it is the end of the line but admitted she was stumped. I asked what to do and she said wait for your appointment. Thank you in advance to anyone who has taken the time to read this. It is such a big issue for me. Any advice is welcome x

BakedBeeeen Sat 21-Oct-17 10:01:48

Your partner would not be able to feel the coil, but he is probably feeling the strings that poke out of the cervix so that you can check it's still there. You can ask your doctor to cut the strings shorter or tuck them behind the cervix so that they don't stick out. Maybe try that? I think it's awful that your doc called you a drama queen. I definitely would not go to that doctor again, how patronising of them! Hope you have better luck in the future.

Honey2468 Sat 21-Oct-17 10:21:47

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes it is. The doctor wasn't very agreeable to this as it was a "difficult insertion" and she didn't want it getting lost/ difficult to remove because I was having so many problems with it already. When she removed it I asked if I tried the mirena/Jaydess if the strings could be cut really short or left long as I understand they are more likely to curl round but she said they always cut standard length (3cm I think) because of the risk of not being able to get it back out or if left long, it getting tangled up and removed with a tampon etc. Maybe I'll speak to the gynaecologist about this though. Thanks again

mushmallow Sat 28-Oct-17 20:40:13

Noriday

Honey2468 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:50:02

Thank you for this. I’m going to give it a try and if it doesn’t work at least I’ve tried my best for him,
Thanks again,
D x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now