Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil

(3 Posts)
loopy2315 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:05:50

I had the coil put in 3 years ago with no problems whatsoever, but these past few months I’ve been getting really low, snapping at everyone, feeling withdrawn, getting cramps and more regular bleeding! Has anyone felt like this before?

suckonthatmaureen Sun 22-Oct-17 13:34:13

@loopy2315

Yes, exactly the same!
I had it put in 3.5 years ago, with no problems but the last few months have been really terrible.
Low moods, angry, exhausted, spotty and I've put on 5lb. It's a great combination!!

I was considering going to the doctors about depression, however something 'clicked' in my head a few days ago. I'm due a smear, so I might ask for it to be removed.

loopy2315 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:46:53

I went to the clinic and asked for it to be removed, we went through other options and decided on the depo injection! She gave me the shot but left coil in TIL I go back in January then can decide if the depo is more suited to me! She did say that it can be our bodies disagreeing with the coil 😬

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now