Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Long distance boyfriend - Diaphragm/Cervical Cap?

(2 Posts)
StringAndSealingWax Sat 14-Oct-17 21:48:41

I have a long distance boyfriend who I only see every 4-6 months, generally for a couple of weeks at a time.

We haven't slept together (well not penetrative sex - we've done most things up to that point) because we'd be be happier doubling up on contraception.

But with that sort of gap I don't really want to use hormonal contraception or the copper coil, because most of the time I won't need it and my periods don't cause any bother so I'd prefer not to risk messing about with them. I also have migraines, so hormonal stuff is a bit more complicated.

Does anybody use a diaphragm or cap? I know the effectiveness rates are a bit lower than hormonal, but we would be using it with condoms too. I like the idea that it can just be used when he's here, and then put away again.

If you do, how do you find it and has it worked for you? Can you DP feel it? Has it ever dislodged?

Thank you smile

StringAndSealingWax Mon 16-Oct-17 20:25:12

Nobody? I really would like to get something sorted because he can't finish other than from penetration, so not doing any PIV is making me feel sorry for him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now