Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coil hell :(

(10 Posts)
Charlie1322 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:07:37

Hey, I had the copper coil fitted nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't stopped bleeding yet, it's painful and very heavy. Has anyone experienced this or can tell me if it's normal please? Thank you x

frenchfancy17 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:08:41

Is it heavy? Is it constant?

pitterpatterrain Mon 09-Oct-17 08:25:17

Doesn't sound good
I have mine inserted 3-4 months ago, no bleeding / pain
Go back to the doctor, no point in suffering

Charlie1322 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:39:10

Yeah it's a lot heavier than my usual periods. Think I'll ring docs and have a word. Thank u smile

JennyLane Sat 14-Oct-17 21:07:07

Hi @Charlie1322 I had the copper coil fitted in March and have been bleeding on and off quite heavily since. I'm currently on day 16 of a cycle 😫 hope it work out for you

Charlie1322 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:22:35

Hi JennyLane
I've stopped now but due my actual period now angry hope it settles soon tho. I wanted this coil as it doesn't affect weight or mood as Im on anti depressants too and really struggling with low mood at the moment, this really isn't helping sad hope ur ok. Thank you for replying x

nattygk Thu 02-Nov-17 21:30:55

Hi Charlie I'm on the mirena coil this is my 2nd one I'm also on antidepressants I'd ask about the mirena as I've not had any bleeding appart from a couple of days when I had it inserted

ElseaLove Thu 02-Nov-17 21:40:35

I have had both types of coil (mirena/copper) and both were horrible experiences for me. The first one I got didn't hurt being put in but I ended up with a nasty infection and it came out by itselfconfused I then had a copper coil and was in agony during and after they put it in. The pain in my back was horrific. I kept brushed off by docs saying just give it time to settle. Then after three months of crippling hell and looking like Carrie I begged them to remove it and only did so after I threatened to remove it myself not proud of that the pain went almost instantly and I've only just stopped bleeding another two months on 😞
Get a second opinion OP

Honey2468 Sun 26-Nov-17 02:37:01

Yep. More normal than they would have you believe. If you really don’t want hormones then I would try and give it a bit longer but I hate how the dr’s laugh at these sorts of things. - “ oh, that’s just part of being a woman.” It’s not! These things aren’t natural and the pain you get from them isn’t natural or normal. I hope you manage to /have managed to get it all sorted though x

chilledpanda Mon 27-Nov-17 01:06:35

When I had mine fitted 6 years ago (since recently removed)
I bled for 6 months. I'd say 3 months constantly followed by intermittently for a further 3 months. It was fine once that settled down bit was a royal pita!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: