Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Caya diaphragm

(6 Posts)
Esssa Wed 20-Sep-17 11:21:39

Is anyone using a caya diaphragm? I'm interested in using one in conjunction with tracking my fertile days where I may double up with condoms too, depending on a talk with OH. I've tried to get an appointment with the local sexual health clinic but there's a 3 week wait and tbh I'm concerned they will push hormonal methods which I'm not happy with.

I had extremely low mood last time I tried pills and I get queasy and anxious about hormonal and long acting methods that I can't remove myself. Copper coil is out for similar reasons plus I already have heavy enough periods, I'm not chancing making them worse. That really leaves me with condoms, diaphragm or cap, symptothermal or abstinence! I've sort of looked at the patch or ring but I'm very hesitant about those too.

I can order the caya online and have it in my hand tomorrow but has anyone had issues with fit? I'm happy poking around down there so that's not an issue. I'm 5'6, weigh 14 stone and have had 2 pregnancies that ended within the first 10 weeks. Not sure if that info helps as I know everyone is different but just incase it does...

WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:07:18

Never heard of it, but googled and looks very interesting

I'm going to hang around in case any MNrs have any info

Esssa Wed 20-Sep-17 16:27:14

I learnt about it from googling diaphragms and following a link back to a previous mumsnet thread. Then I went and investigated. Hopefully someone will have some experience with it

Esssa Wed 20-Sep-17 22:26:10

Anyone? I know diaphragms are old fashioned but I thought someone would have one.

Honey2468 Sat 21-Oct-17 08:26:30

Hi smile
Yes I tried one. The dr did say when fitting it that I was very misshapen so she didn't think it was going to work and it didn't. It kept slipping forward so not covering what it needed to and it needs to stay in place for 6 hours afterwards too to be effective. Other than that we both felt it feels like a plastic bag during ... I do wish it had worked out but oh well. Every woman is unique though so this doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Esssa Tue 24-Oct-17 12:37:03

Thank you for your information. I thought I'd update on how I've found it incase anyone else searches it in future. I've had it a little while now and have used it a few times. I don't get on with tampons so did wonder if the extended wear time would bother me too. One in place it seems OK. I did feel almost bruised at first as it took a fair bit of poking around to get it in the right place. Now I have the knack this isn't an issue. I have to make sure I've pushed it far enough back before I try to hook it behind my pelvic bone at the front and then kind of sit up a bit to make sure it's well lodged.

I did find it twists around a bit but only noticed after dtd so was relieved to see af this month. I guess with use and time I will trust it more tho do intend to double up with condoms at my more fertile time. I like the skin to skin feeling and this allows for that without the need for hormones.

OH doesn't seem to mind it. I asked it he could feel it and he said not really. Though he didn't ask about needing condoms so I assume he knew it was there or he'd have stopped to put one on. He's more anti babies at this point in time than I am so he is quite careful. He knows I would have said something too though if we needed to use something else. At the moment it seems to be working for us. Hopefully that will stay that way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now