Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena and acne

(4 Posts)
RugbyWidow7 Mon 11-Sep-17 21:27:31

In January I had the mirena fitted and despite taking a few months to settle down, it's now great - periods virtually gone. However i had finally reached a point where my skin was virtually free of spots, but now after having this coil, they're back with a vengeance!

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it improve? I'm wondering if the injection would be any better, as the pill doesn't reallly suit me... thanks!

jellybean321 Sat 16-Sep-17 22:37:35

Yes when I had the minera I had lots of aggressive acne come up.all.over my back! It went as soon.as it was removed.

Mrsknackered Sat 16-Sep-17 22:40:11

Oh no don't say that! I've just had one fitted because of the acne I have developed all over my back, bum and face that the GP swore was because of Cerelle.

cornishgirl17 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:56:40

Yes me. I only had mine fitted a few weeks ago (I've actually had one before in the past too). My usual clear skin is spotty! I've never really suffered majorly from spots (other than the odd occasional pimple) but argh, these are massive. I was hoping it would calm down once my body was used to i but if you've had yours since Jan and still getting spots, maybe they won't calm down

I've also got spots around my breast and chest. I've never experienced spots there before! 😢

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now