Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period help!!

(4 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Mon 26-Jun-17 16:24:05

Been having periods since I was 12. They used to be very heavy but I went on to the pill at 17 to help and they did. Got pregnant at 18 after a missed pill. After having my daughter I was on and off them. In April 2015 I had the implant fitted. In Dec 2016 I had it removed. Had a heavy withdrawal bleed then my periods came back straight away, very regular. Normal flow and everything. Then in April my period was suddenly much lighter. Barely lasted a few hours. And they've been like that since. My period is due today and all I am getting is the tiniest amount of brown discharge. Not even enough to wear a pantyliner, never mind a tampon. I can't understand why this is. If it had happened straight after coming off the implant then I would get it but I had 4 normal periods after coming off it. It's just the last 3 months they've reduced to barely anything. I'm only 28 so not near menopause or anything. Any ideas?

Namechange2837 Mon 26-Jun-17 16:25:27

Have you taken a pregnancy test OP?

Bubblegum89 Mon 26-Jun-17 18:19:49

I haven't but I had been taking ov tests and they've all been varied (so strong line day before ov but faint the other times) so I figured if I'm ovulating then I can't be pregnant. I went for a wee earlier and had a bit of dark brown/red but nothing since. I keep getting twinges in both my ovary areas but no cramps like I usually have the day before and day of my period :/

Namechange2837 Mon 26-Jun-17 18:42:45

Hmm that's unusual, and I'm sorry I can't give any advice, other than to visit your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now