Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What helped your crippling pmt?

(7 Posts)
weeblueberry Fri 26-May-17 19:43:20

Since I had kids I have really awful PMT each month. I basically spend about four days feeling pure rage or crying through overwhelming depressive feelings. I'm a tense and anxious person at it is and this is really pushing me over the edge. I went on cerazette(sp?) for a wee while after baby number two but the emotions felt even stronger so I stopped after three months. I wouldn't be using this as birth control but really need something that stops these horrible feelings every month. sad

MerlinEmrys Fri 26-May-17 20:01:13

I was coming on to say having a baby helped mine as since having my ds 4.5 years ago I don't get as much as a twinge. They uses to be irregular and now they're 28days exact!

Not much help to you but interesting that we have the reverse!

flouncybeetroot Fri 26-May-17 20:03:41

I've had that, I had to try a few different pills- none of them may help you, but one might.
I found the ones where you don't take pills for a week bad for me, as I had a hormone drop, and also the progesterone only ones that you take every day bad for me, as they're natural downers. I now take a combined pill, but every day, until I get a breakthrough bleed, where I then stop taking it for 4 days, I do start to get PMT symptoms then, but not as much, and it's only every few months, so much better than I used to be.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 26-May-17 20:08:22

I call my B complex tablets my anti bitch pills!!

weeblueberry Fri 26-May-17 20:54:01

Thanks all. Yes I won't be having another baby I'm afraid so that possibility is off the table. shock

SweetChickadee Fri 26-May-17 20:55:04

Mirena helped mine

scaevola Sat 03-Jun-17 08:01:37

The likeliest types of contraception to help are the long-acting hormonal methods.

Mirena?

One of the older monophasic pills might override hormones more fully (IYSWIM) but they are higher dose than mirena - bpnit that that's a problem if you get in with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now