Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low dose pills

(4 Posts)
Rainsbow Mon 22-May-17 10:27:42

I've tried:

loestrin20 (fab stopped my periods permanently even during pill free week for a year but came off as started getting headaches.

Mercilon (headaches and made me moody)

I need low dose due to headaches but neurologist and family planning consultants are happy for me to be on a combined pill providing it's low dose.

Any other suggestions?

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Mon 22-May-17 14:43:49

What does your GP or family planning clinic suggest? Could you try Femodette or a Nuva Ring? I find that paradoxically, I have more headaches with lower oestrogen preparations (and other problems too).

Rainsbow Tue 23-May-17 06:54:36

The family planning consultant prescribed mercilon which didn't agree (did pre kids though). In fact pre kids I was fine on all contraception. How did femodette fair with you?

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Tue 23-May-17 18:00:09

I had very bad headaches and nausea on Femodette. Think I lasted a week, maybe 2 on it! That doesn't mean it would be the same for you, though. Can you see the family planning consultant again? I just find it a pain getting an appointment and getting to the family planning clinics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now