Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yasmin pill making me sick

(6 Posts)
Paisley8880 Thu 18-May-17 18:18:14

Hi,

I have been on Yasmin since I was 16 (now 24). Last year they changed me to the cheaper version on Yasmin however I was sick every time I took the new pill. In the end I came off that pill and tried the copper coil.

Unfortunately, the copper coil came out and when I tried to have another fitted my cervix would not let the GP insert a new one. So I went back onto Yasmin however day 2 and I've been sick again and can't face taking another pill.

Has anyone has this before? I'm confused why I can't just take the pill again and why my body is rejecting the pill.

LilQueenie Thu 18-May-17 18:24:27

you said it was a different version so it will most likely be an ingredient that you body is rejecting/reacting to.

Newtothis11 Sat 20-May-17 20:17:10

Can you ask for the original version again? If it's still available I can't see why they'd refuse given the problems you're having.

Paisley8880 Sun 21-May-17 22:12:42

I've gone back onto the Yasmin pill now but I'm still being sick. I'm not pregnant either.

Newtothis11 Mon 22-May-17 01:29:05

Has the sickness stopped at all recently? Just wondering if it's definitely the pill or whether it's something else. Is it worth stopping all and going onto condoms for a while to see if the sickness stops?

OlennasWimple Mon 22-May-17 01:36:18

I don't get on with new Yasmin either - not actually sick, but definitely nauseous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now