Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

coil #2- not so great this time.

(3 Posts)
InflagranteDelicto Fri 12-May-17 19:41:29

First copper coil was great. Hardly knew it was there. Had to have it removed after my smear came back with some dodgy cells. Coil #2, fitted Feb 16. Never felt quite right, I get occasional cramps through the month. My period is a shocker. 3 days before I have cramps that take my breath away, there bleeding is something else.

I want this one out. Don't know where best to go, gp or family planning? And have a replacement (a smaller one?) or try something else? When tried previously the pill didn't suit, but that was a long time ago! Tbh, I'm ready for diy removal.

InflagranteDelicto Fri 12-May-17 23:02:17

Newtothis11 Sat 20-May-17 20:29:18

I'd go to family planning personally just because they'll have more experience than gp so it should be less painful! They'll also be able to help with alternatives. Would you consider the other coil with hormones (I forget what it's called) periods are lighter or stop completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now