Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena inserted during period?

(5 Posts)
AtticusCactus Fri 12-May-17 07:25:23

I'm due to have a Mirena put in next week but sod's law I'm due my period and the way my boobs and tummy feel, it's due in the next few days.
I take transexmic acid to lessen blood flow normally and I'll do that again but has anyone had their Mirena inserted during a period and was it ok?

tink86 Fri 12-May-17 21:47:49

I booked my fitting and I came on that day, apparently it makes it all the more easier and they'd rather you had it fitted on your period!

VioletBow Wed 17-May-17 11:20:46

I had two attempts to fit mine. Once at the gp when I was mid cycle and the dr struggled due to my cervix not cooperating and due to something called cervical erosion (long story short I have cells on my cervix that bleed when touched)
So she referred me to my local hospital and the appointment fell 3 days into my period and the dr told me she preferred to fit them mid period as the cervix is slightly open and it becomes effective within two hours.

LilithTheKitty Wed 17-May-17 11:31:31

Another agreement here that during your period the fitting is easier. I was asked to try and book my copper coil fitting towards the tail end of my period.

happymumof4crazykids Wed 17-May-17 11:41:06

My go wouldn't fit my coil during my period next appointment was 4 weeks later was told to go to family planning clinic. Went there a week later to be told they prefer to fit during end of period as is easier come back then. Had unprotected sex with hubby after a drunken night out blush didn't get another period I was pregnant and my 3rd child was only 4 months old! 4th baby arrived and hubby had a vasectomy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now