Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off mini pill and bad symptoms

(9 Posts)
hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 09-May-17 09:34:59

Please help. Has anyone had any bad symptoms when coming off the mini pill such as nausea, anxiety, teariness? I feel dreadful!

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 09-May-17 12:18:37

Anyone?

TanteJeanne Tue 09-May-17 12:33:10

Sorry no experience of this- but have you been advised just to stop taking them, or to cut down gradually? Are you stopping to start TTC? Or because there has been a problem with them?

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 09-May-17 12:51:46

It says you can just stop when you want. I stopped because it was giving bad painful acne on my chin.

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 09-May-17 12:53:37

Thanks for responding tantejeanne

TanteJeanne Tue 09-May-17 14:43:49

I would make an appointment to see your GP. I haven't come across other people suffering like this- but we are all different and everyone reacts differently to different types of the pill. It is possible your symptoms could be connected to a sudden drop of hormones from stopping the mini pill but if it were me, I'd see my GP.

TanteJeanne Tue 09-May-17 14:45:28

Btw I didn't like mini pill at first. Random spotting/ periods. Has taken about 6 months to settle down and I'm happy with it now.

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 09-May-17 16:24:40

Thanks. I've seen a doctor and doc said it's possible but there are also other things going on. I'm taking antidepressants and I recently started antibiotics for my skin. I was on this mini pill for a long time though. Just feel very tired, sick, and generally not great 😔

TanteJeanne Tue 09-May-17 21:55:26

Sounds more like symptoms you'd associate with coming off ADs. When I had PND I tried coming off ADs gradually but too early and all the symptoms came back. Does your dose need adjusting?
Obviously I've got no idea!!! But I know what it is like to feel crap. I hope you've got support at home and you can get back to 'normal' soon xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: