Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feanolla pill and stopping.

(2 Posts)
xaphania Thu 20-Apr-17 09:17:03

I know there's several threads about this pill, but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've been on the feanolla desogestrel pill for a month now, and had bleeding everyday. Sometimes enough to need my mooncup, other days I get away with a liner. I would be happy to continue for a bit to see if it settles, but my dilemma is this:

We're going on holiday the end of May. I don't want to be bleeding everyday on holiday, we'll be swimming etc and I actually would quite like to have sex occasionally shock (and it's me that's put off, not him).

If I stop the pill now (end of first pack), any idea how long it will take to have a proper period? I'd rather put up with what I've got now, than have a full period in the middle of my holiday. Or, if I carry on is it likely the bleeding will stop?

Maybe I'll just get my mirena put back - no periods for 7 years!

xaphania Sat 29-Apr-17 10:14:31

Anybody?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now