Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraception nightmarrs

(5 Posts)
Albatross2 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:22:55

Hello, first time I'm posting on here. I've had a nightmare trying to get the right contraception. I have tried various pills and they all make me feel crazy, and become obsessed with eating! I had a copper coil in which worked great aside from heavy painful periods and I kept getting thrush or BV which was awful! I then went on the mirena a few weeks ago which was awfulqhilag it was settling in, and now I'm pretty sure it's expelled itself! I wasn't feeling very well had very bad stomach cramps but I put that down to a dodgy curry I'd had as was back and to the toiketvlike nobodies business! No pain or anything now but I can not find the strings at all! Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know if I should go back and if it's gone go and get another put in. I literally can't have injections or anything with loads of hormones as I turn into a right mess on them. Please help!

tink86 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:16:12

Do you not have to go back at six weeks for a check? I had mine put in about 2 weeks ago and I have to go back for a six week check. I can't feel the threads myself. But I'll see what they say at the check

Chattycat78 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:34:43

Yes- not to scare you but I had a copper coil fitted a week ago, and long story short, it perforated my uterus and ended up in my abdomen. I had to have surgery on Sunday to get it removed.shock

I thought U were Meant to be able to feel the strings. If you can't, I wouldn't be relying on it for contraception and would get it checked out if it was me.

Albatross2 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:42:59

Thanks for the replies they said I didn't need to go back for a 6 week check they said unless you want to. This is my third coil now and I know how to check the strings. I might have to go and have another mirena in I don't think I can cope with anything else! Short of having my tubes tied think I've exhausted contraception methods now

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 15-Apr-17 18:20:53

And I was thinking of asking for a copper coil when I see my GP for the post partum check up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now