We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Morning after pill, does it work if taken day after ovulation?

(5 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Wed 29-Mar-17 07:48:45

Was going to name change but here goes,

Did something sumptid and had to take the morning after pill almost 2 weeks ago, ovulated the day after DTD, took the morning after pill in the afternoon. Now 2 weeks on and I have had period pain but have not come on. I came off the pill 2 months ago and have had one period since which only lasted a day, I should be due around now. I am now stressing that the morning after pill may not have worked as I had already ovulated?

sooperdooper Wed 29-Mar-17 07:51:41

I don't think ovulation makes any difference, but the mip isn't 100% but if you've just come off the pill that's more likely to be the reason your period is late - it can take a while to get back to normal

Lovemusic33 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:12:03

Thank you, I'm hoping I'm worrying about nothing. It would just be a nightmare if it hasn't worked (a bad situation).

Lovemusic33 Wed 29-Mar-17 19:20:34

Bump for the evening people,

Still worried after going on google ( I know I shouldn't have ).

LotisBlue Wed 29-Mar-17 19:29:31

No one on here can tell you if you are pregnant or not. You'll have to do a test.

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now