Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 periods in one month

(5 Posts)
Blueeyes91 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:31:06

Hey,

My partner and I decided almost a year ago that I was going to come off the pill and we were going to kind of try and have a baby. I say kind of try because we're just letting nature takes it's course. Not being too stressy.

Problem is this month my period has gone hugely weird!

On March 3rd it started and finished on the 7th. It was a normal period for me, starting off in it's usual painful way. Usual flow. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Then on the 11th of March it started up again, today is now the 16th day and the pain I'm getting today feels like the worst I've ever had. It's on my left side, feel like someones kicked me in the ovary!

I'm very much up and down. I bawled my eyes out when the pain started today. I feel like I'm going to be sick and I'm frustrated.

Frustrated because this is day 16 and also I've tried and failed to see a doctor (not easy getting an appointment, even if you phone up when they open).

I've never had this happen before. Any advice while I wait to see a doctor? And does anyone know how to get rid of the pain or numb it?

Thanks!

Polly99 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:33:02

Have you done a pregnancy test, OP?

Blueeyes91 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:33:58

Forgot to say. Yup done a pregnancy test and it was negative.

TrueBlueDem Fri 31-Mar-17 18:04:18

It sounds like you could have a cyst! You should get an u/s done. See your doc asap...don't freak out, most cysts don't need anything to be done, but some may need to be dissolved.

Slothlikesundays Fri 31-Mar-17 18:10:44

Any irregular bleeding needs checking by a doctor. Have you had a recent smear test?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now