Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stopped breastfeeding and on mini pill

(2 Posts)
Chattycat78 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:38:41

So I've just stopped breastfeeding my 9 month old in the last week and a half. I'm taking cerelle and have been since the birth.

I'm not having periods. Does anyone know if anything wil happen now- i.e. Will I get a period now I've finished feeding? I feel strange- I have period cramps , feel hormonal, boobs hurt, I've even had some dizzy spells and a migraine headache. I sort of feel like you do in early pregnancy. hmm. Is it the hormones after finishing feeding?

TBH im panicking a bit about being pregnant confused. I really hope I'm not. I've done quite a few tests (not since last week though), but I think part of my problem is that I don't trust the mini pill. I keep reading about people getting pregnant on it anyway. confused. I haven't missed any pills but because I'm not getting periods I have no idea wtf my body is doing.

Help!

dementedpixie Sat 25-Mar-17 20:30:47

Cerazette (same ingredients as cerelle) stopped my periods for years. Saved a fortune on sanitary towels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now