Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraceptive injection- weight gain - coil

(1 Post)
FatCowSkinnyCow2017 Sun 26-Feb-17 14:30:14

I've been on the injection since December 2014 and my weight has gone from 11st to 13.2. I quit smoking 2 years ago ( i know that makes you gain weight but surely it would have settled by now) have been going to the gym 2-3 times a week whilst completely overhauling my lifestyle, changed diet coke for water, no chocolate or sweets but having low calorie breakfast bars and generally eating no shit ie take aways my starter weight was 13.2 4 weeks on my weight is still 13.2 my doctor even prescribed me Orlistat to fat bind my meals been on that over 2 weeks and no change. My only thinking now is that its the injection keeping me from losing weight. I'm due another shot on the 8th of march but am thinking stopping it, getting my body back period wise (as injection stopped my periods) and then possibly the coil as it says nothing about weight gain in the leaflets. Which one do I choose? Copper? No hormones? Mirena? Hormones? I'm a 29 year old woman with an 8 year old that I can't play with at the park as I'm so heavy and uncomfortable. Please help..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now