Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

coming off the pill - side effects?

(2 Posts)
Ahousemadeofcheese Fri 17-Feb-17 11:36:45

Bit of a background - had a UTI in December which then developed into vaginitis.
I was on the combined pill at the time and ran out whilst this issue was happening.
My doctor then put me on the POP as I was over 35.

My vaginitis got progressively worse and during this time I was experiencing waking up drenched in sweat even though the bedroom was cold and I sleep in the nude!

I went to see a gynaecologist who told me that my vaginitis should go away on its own as it wasn't thrush or bacterial related but dismissed that it could be hormone related.

I ignored the advice of just waiting it out for a year or so! and decided to stop taking the pill - the next day I felt almost 100% better which leads me to believe it is infact a hormone problem so I have booked an appointment with my doctor but the earliest I can get is the end of march.

Since coming off the pill (a week) all I have done is burst into tears at random moments.
I keep having nightmares where im really lethargic and so weak I cant move - then I wake up and feel really week and have butterflies in my stomach which wont go away and sometimes I cant get back to sleep because of this anxious feeling which sometimes lasts all day the next day too.

I cant stop crying all the time! is this a general side effect of coming off the pill after being on it more than 20 years or is this a confirmation that I do indeed have a hormone issue?

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Fri 17-Feb-17 11:42:02

Stopping the pill gave me 9 months of acne. So 9 months of funny hormones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now