Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Micronor supply problems and Zelleta replacement

(4 Posts)
estikat Wed 15-Feb-17 23:04:44

I love micronor and it's the only pill that has always worked for me.

However, two weeks ago I went to get my repeat prescription only to be told there was a manufacturing problem and I'll have to get a different prescription. I was moved into Zelleta (another type of mini pill) and I've been bleeding for the past two weeks with only a 3 day sort of break. The cramps have been so bad that painkillers don't touch it. My head is all over the place, I'm shattered, and my libido is the lowest I've ever known.

Has anyone else also been moved off Micronor for this reason? My two nearest pharmacies have said there's an issue with the manufacturer so does anyone know if there's something else which is the same thing? My GP reassured me Zelleta is the same but I'm in such a foul mood over this I feel like punching anyone who insists this is the case angry

dementedpixie Thu 16-Feb-17 08:22:44

No they are not the same as they have a different active hormone. Micronor had norethisterone and zelleta uses desogestrel. The first hasn't a 3 hour window and the second has a 12 hour window for taking it.

Looking online shows that noriday would have the same active ingredient as Micronor so I wonder if that would be still be available.

www.netdoctor.co.uk/conditions/sexual-health/a2226/the-mini-pill-progestogen-only-pill-or-pop/ - gives the list of mini pills if you scroll down

dementedpixie Thu 16-Feb-17 08:26:40

Micronor has apparently been discontinued

Ciera30 Wed 14-Jun-17 23:01:10

Yes I've been given noriday which is technically the same hormone as micronor and has the same ingredients the doctor said please try that one! I know what it's like to bleed constantly like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now