Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How late can a period be / can I have skipped one? Stressed!

(10 Posts)
KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 07:36:44

I know I need to POAS. And I will, but want to wait until the weekend. My last period started on the 31st December. Since then DH and I have had sex one, at the end of Jan (so should have been end of cycle), with a condom. So the odds of me being pregnant are astronomically small.

We don't have regular sex because DS sleeps terribly and we're exhausted. The idea of anther one is terrifying (DS is 2.5). DH is changing jobs, we're moving house. These things could be causing it with stress but I really didn't feel stressed at all until I started worrying about being pregnant! sad

Has anyone randomly skipped a period or had one be over 2 weeks late? If I'm not upduffed do I need to go to the GP, or is it ok?

scaevola Wed 15-Feb-17 07:48:03

You might need to post in 'general health' about wider gynae issues.

This is the contraception topic. The 'fail' rate for male condoms is 3% for perfect use, falling to 15% for typical use (rips, slips, putting on too late, falling off too early) so it's quite possible from that angle. Being so very late in your cycle (assuming regular cycle of average length) does make it sound rather more unlikely.

KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 07:59:33

Thanks. It let more specific than general heath but I didn't want to use the pregnancy board or chat. I figured the late cycle makes it more unlikely but I didn't get any of my usual ovulation symptoms this cycle - so maybe I didn't ovulate until late, or not at all? So frustrated and I know I'm being pathetic. Just ordered a test from Amazon Prime for tomorrow so I don't have to use the local shop!

KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 08:00:19

*It felt more specific

scaevola Wed 15-Feb-17 08:05:31

There's a conception topic as well

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception

(agree that a question about whether conception has occurred isn't a good fit for the pregnancy topic)

But perhaps AF will turn up and you won't need to post again!

KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 08:20:04

scaevola I'm hoping ordering the tests will jinx it into arriving grin

I didn't want to post in conception either as it's full of people trying to conceive and struggling but I may do!

Surreyblah Wed 15-Feb-17 08:24:25

POAS seems the only answer!

Stress can be physiological though.

KatLovesCats Fri 17-Feb-17 08:58:01

Pee stick says I'm not upduffed never been so relieved in my life so my body is just dealing with stress by causing me more stress it seems grin

Surreyblah Fri 17-Feb-17 09:19:30

smile

HepKestrel Fri 17-Feb-17 09:24:06

I have randomly missed a period (I believe due to stress).
When I was 7 weeks late, I did get a blood test from the gp, which is more accurate than a poas.

Just don't do what I did and start googling menopause symptoms !

I did however conceive (mc later) whilst not having periods, so stick to being careful !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now