Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mid thirties and overweight, contraception ?

(3 Posts)
blamethecat Tue 07-Feb-17 16:29:14

I have tried the mini pill (cerazette) and it didn't suit me ( I was vile on it, like permanent PMT) so gave up after around a year, currently not using anything hormone wise, but my periods are a bit of a nightmare, I am lucky if I get 2 weeks with no bleeding in a month, other wise I am spotting or on. Can't get in to see the doctor for another month so trying to research what other option are available. Ideally I want to go back to the combined pill to try an control periods (used to be on ovranette pre ds and used to run three packs together)but age + being overweight go against this ( I am trying to loose weight but...) Don't want a coil as I understand it is the same hormone as the mini pill and I'm not going there again. So are there any combined pills that are more suitable ? or another type of mini pill ?

dementedpixie Tue 07-Feb-17 18:20:12

I don't think they will give the combined pill due to weight. The mirena coil doesn't have the exact same hormone as cerazette. You could try One of the other mini pills as there are several with different active hormones.

dementedpixie Tue 07-Feb-17 18:22:13

www.netdoctor.co.uk/conditions/sexual-health/a2226/the-mini-pill-progestogen-only-pill-or-pop/ gives the other mini pill options

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now