Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods - mood fluctuations - antidepressants

(3 Posts)
TheMockTurtle Mon 06-Feb-17 08:32:07

I am interested to know how your time of the month affects your mood.

I am 10 weeks post partum and I feel like I'm about to get my period. I'm so crampy and very anxious.

I'm on a low dose of antidepressants for mild depression/ anxiety which usually help. But right now, I feel like I do when I'm not on antidepressants. Very up and down. Anxious. Which affects my appetite. And just in general crap. If I didn't have 3 kids I'd love to just get into bed and sleep!

Is anyone on antidepressants and still feel terribly anxious as part of their cycle? I am worried this isn't normal and I should up my dose of antidepressants. Or maybe it doesn't matter what dose you're on... pms will always affect your mood?

scaevola Mon 06-Feb-17 08:42:07

This is the contraception topic, and you haven't mentioned which method you are using.

Some pills certainly do have an effect on moods, and it would be worth going back to the family planning nurse to see if they recommend a change.

NicLovesCheese Wed 19-Apr-17 15:51:18

Hey mockturtle,
Are the anti depressants for pnd? Your hormones will be all over the place as you already know so try to be easy on yourself! I dont know if its a thing but i find being anaemic makes me anxious. And yes, my anxiety is horrendous before my period,but it helps to know its "just hormones" and will be over once my period starts! Do go to docs if you're worried

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now