Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Condom issues! Recommendation / help please!

(10 Posts)
yogaandwine Sat 04-Feb-17 22:05:58

I stopped taking the pill in August due to suspicions that the hormones were messing with my mind and body. I've become 100% more emotionally stable, lost half a stone and enjoy sex like I did when hubby and I first got together. So all in all - totally the right decision.

However, we keep having issues with condoms. Hubby finds it difficult to 'finish' with some brands/versions. Other types keep coming off and getting lost if you catch my drift 😳 We DON'T want to become pregnant, but do want to enjoy my newly revived sex drive!!

Can anyone recommend a good - natural feel, reliable (!!) brand/version??

The durex invisible are good but get the extra lubricated ones! Or they're hard to roll on.

I know some chaps find them a little tight when I read reviews before buying but they don't shift and feel much better than some others.

I'm still experimenting after my iud slipped and had to be removed and the pill gave me anxiety and palpitations and I tried several before giving up. It was only the mini pill as well so I thought I'd be ok.

EnglebertSlaptyback Sat 04-Feb-17 22:28:07

I'm same as you OP, don't get on with the pill.
We use skyn. Thing they're made by mates, but they do a few different types.

christavista Tue 07-Feb-17 18:52:32

Unless your DH has a small penis, the most likely reason for condoms coming off or getting lost is that they have not been fully rolled down the erect shaft. It is easy for a man to only unroll over the glans in his excitement to get going - then it effectively rubs off. I suspect that your DH is actually on the large size and the tightness is affecting his sensation. Try the Durex XL (available in Boots, Tesco etc) and make sure that it is fully unrolled right down. These are slightly baggy at the closed end and my DH says that they are the best for feel. Interestingly, he also says that thinness makes no difference to feel - the most important aspect is no tightness at the closed end. Happy shagging!

yogaandwine Sat 11-Feb-17 01:23:05

Thanks ladies we have tried the invisible and the skins (both prime suspects for getting 'lost'!) So will try the XL - although I would class him as slightly larger than average... not XL!!

christavista Sun 12-Feb-17 16:14:45

The XL is only a bit wider - the ratios in size are not the same as tee-shirt sizing!
I mentioned this to DH today and he says that the Pasante Naturelle are the best if you like a condom with a wide head - he has bought some on-line and it seems that is what we have been using for the last month. I don't think you can get them in Boots but I think Superdrug sell them. He got ours from British Condoms - which interestingly tells you the exact size and profile of everything they sell. They don't vary much between small and large. britishcondoms.uk/pasante-naturelle-condoms-10.html

Phoebefromfriends Tue 14-Feb-17 06:39:01

Could you get a cap fitted as well so if the condom slips off you have some form of protection.

With regards to the slipping off, is he finishing and then staying inside you? When I've had condoms slip off its usually been in that situation, when the penis has started its retreat into slumber. make sure it's all the way down as a previous poster suggested.

Phoebefromfriends Tue 14-Feb-17 06:43:17

Also have you considered the female condom? Never used it myself but understand it's roomier iyswim.

FreeNiki Tue 14-Feb-17 20:19:59

Mates skyn. Much better than other condoms. Non latex. Ultra thin. Come in different sizes, extra lube, ribbed etc.

Or lelo hex is meant to be good.

cocoblondon Wed 02-Aug-17 11:21:33

I was facing the same issue re hormone side and was recently given HANX. Apparently they are male condoms made by women! Ie designed with women desires in mind. They are latex but all natural and vegan (which is what sold me) but more than that, they are ultra thin so might be a better feel for your partner?

I really liked Skyn, but I found that the chemicals were giving me some itchy side effects sadly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now