Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick q re the pill and sickness

(9 Posts)
Chocwocdoodah Wed 01-Feb-17 23:13:40

I had a vomiting bug on Monday and threw up about an hr after taking my pill. The advice in this situation is to take a pill from another pack asap to replace the "thrown up" one and then take your next one as normal.

Thing is as I was poorly and not really with it, I didn't think to take a replacement pill and so just took my normal one the next day. So, in effect, I've missed a pill completely. I know I'll need to use extra precautions anyway but I finish my pack today - should I start a new pack without a break seeing as I'm lower in pill hormones than I should be iyswim??

Sidge Wed 01-Feb-17 23:16:33

Which pill are you on?

fusspot66 Wed 01-Feb-17 23:18:58

It's 7 days of other precautions as you missed one. I'd be deciding which was the least inconvenient time to have a period/bleed? Now or in anothe 3 weeks?

Bugsylugs Wed 01-Feb-17 23:26:02

If you were in the middle of the packet it would depend on which pill you were on however if this Counts as a missed pill and is less than 7 left in the pack you need to run this packet straight on with the next with no pill break. Your bleeding maybe erratic.
Look at fpa.org really useful leaflets

Bugsylugs Wed 01-Feb-17 23:26:43

Fusspot is not right

Chocwocdoodah Wed 01-Feb-17 23:30:31

I'm on Cilest. Thanks all - looks like I should just go straight into another packet. I suppose it can't hurt in any case.

Bugsylugs Wed 01-Feb-17 23:32:23

No won't hurt but may not need extra precaution look at the leaflet . If 3 weeks time inconvenient can run another packet on and delay again

Bugsylugs Wed 01-Feb-17 23:35:25

With vilest you are probably fine as only missed one ;)

Bugsylugs Wed 01-Feb-17 23:35:39

Sorry cilest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now