Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette & breakthrough bleeding - how long shall I give it?

(4 Posts)
andysdinosauradventures Mon 30-Jan-17 06:14:23

This is my second go at using cerazette after DC. I was on it successfully (ie no periods, few side effects) before I had DC1 for ten years or so. After DC1 I went back on it but had breakthrough bleeding for 3 months, so I switched to Micronor and had no problems with that.

After DC2 was born I went back on to Micronor but was worried about the 3 hour window malarkey and so switched to cerazette again. That was 10 days ago at the start of my period and I'm still bleeding (periods were infrequent & light on Micronor).

Why would cerazette work so well before DC and now be seemingly useless? I've heard bleeding can go on for 6 months (!) but I can't afford to slide into anaemia and, well, I can't be arsed with that (what is wrong with birth control options?!)

Should I keep going and see if the bleeding settles or switch back to micronor? Worried I've messed around with hormones now...

andysdinosauradventures Mon 30-Jan-17 12:45:11

Bump?

WittgensteinsBunny Mon 30-Jan-17 20:17:49

I have been taking cerazette for 5 / 6 months now. I bled a lot, well frequently rather than heavily, for the first 2 - 2.5 months. Things have settled now. There isn't a pattern to bleeding yet and I had a very heavy period around Xmas but I've otherwise been really happy with it: no PMT, no weight gain, no faffing with condoms etc I hope things get easier for you.

Dizzywhore Mon 03-Apr-17 08:56:01

I'm 2 months into cerazette and bleed every 2 week for 4-5 days it's doing my head in! Not sure weather to stop or keep going to see if it settles down 😕

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now